Last season I attended a wedding with my fiancé and I decided to experiment with new half up do’s that I’d seen on Youtube. This is called the ‘cheat’ way of creating a waterfall braid with a side part. It’s super easy to do and looks like you got your hair done for a wedding.
What you’ll need:
1. Bobby Pins
2. Thin elastic
3. Curling iron (my favorite: Remington Ceramic Curling Wand – 22.8$ on Amazon)
4. Hairspray (my favorite: Aussie Instant Freeze Aerosol Hairspray 3.49$ – great for sensitive skin!)
1. Side part
2. Take 1 inch section from the front of your scalp (next to forehead) and make a simple braid and use a bobby pin to pin it to the back of your head
3. Following the line created by the part take 1/2 inch sections of hair and slide them through each “weave” of the braid
3. Use a curling wand/iron and curl all your hair
4. On the side without braids –> pin up the wavy hair and cover the elastic in back to be hidden.
5. Finally, set with hair spray!
So far my page has been about beauty products with reviews of how the products worked for me. Clearly this tutorial was much harder to describe in words without actually showing you how to do it. I’ve been thinking to expand my page by including video, what are you’re thoughts? Comment below!!